We are looking for an Head of Software Development for our Company.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious and proactive Software Development Leader to join us and to help drive our ambitious technology plans. What makes this truly stand out as a career-defining move are the following:
- We are a VC-funded pre-IPO business. All employees share in the success of MotorK, and to join us at this stage in our growth could be life-changing
- Disrupt an industry on a global level. These opportunities are rare!
- Establish processes across the development organisation and develop the IT strategy of the organisation in consultation with senior management
- Evolve an agile methodology to drive the software delivery model implementing a collaborative and quick interaction among development groups
- Lead and manage a team of mid-to-senior software developers. Line management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, 1:1 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating and managing team performance
- Be responsible for the design, functionality and delivery of the new innovative web and mobile applications
- Drive the strategic direction of our products & services taking into account emerging and legacy technologies
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- Build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in order to drive further efficiencies within the team
- Proactively drive innovation and options made available by new technologies
- Maintain actively contribute to a list of innovation & research projects
- 10+ years experience with minimum 3 years leadership and management experience gained in one of the following sectors: online B2C, travel, ecommerce, lead generation, real estate, classified advertising , insurance or high volume publishing companies with complex editorial internal processes.
- Experience in leading / managing a team using Agile methodology, with the ability to drive continuous improvement through innovation and inspiring the team to deliver optimal results
- A degree in Computer science, Software engineering or equivalent is an advantage
- Ability to think strategically, establish clear direction and implement plans to be delivered within a fast paced environment.
- MotorK offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and a company bonus aligned to corporate results
- Attractive pre-IPO share option package
- 25 days Holiday, Private Medical Healthcare, Mobile Phone, Laptop
- Training and Development, Flexible working hours, personal growth opportunities in this fast growth entrepreneurial environment