In today’s automotive business, being online with your inventory is mandatory to be able to tap into customer searches, which nowadays are mostly performed digitally.
But the way this is done can also make the difference when it comes to increasing lead generation. A successful strategy to handle your vehicle listings should therefore take three essential steps into account:
- feature high-quality media both in your digital showroom and online ads, focusing on professional vehicle photos and videos.
- make sure your vehicle detail pages are complete and accurate, and contain the right keywords to match online searches.
- ensure your inventory is updated in real time (there is nothing worse than generating leads for a vehicle that is no longer available, as this is often perceived as a dealer’s tactic to trick users into visiting their website).
To be able to stand out in the crowded online space, complying with the bare minimum requirements is not enough: if a few years back having a home page and a few classified ads could already offer a competitive edge, now is the time to think of a consistent and effective digital identity as part of a dealer’s online strategy and innovation roadmap.
How can you achieve quality at scale?
A media wizard powered by AI
Step One: high-quality media
You don’t need to be a professional to take excellent photos of your inventory; you only have to follow a few basic rules and leave the heavy-duty work to the app:
- position the vehicle on a solid ground, with wheels in line, doors, windows and hatches closed and headlights off
- ensure there is good lighting
- when shooting, ensure the entire vehicle is in frame (only one at a time)
- avoid capturing strong reflections (e.g. wet vehicles, sunset light, posters or coloured billboards in the background)
The Guided Shooting Wizardwill take you through the entire process; from creating a vehicle page to its publishing, you would only need as long as 10 minutes.
Step Two: vehicle detail page
Step Three: updated inventory
Are you curious to know more about the MotorK solutions for effective inventory management and StockSparK App? Please get in touch.