Engineering Manager - Madrid - MotorkApply
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Engineering Manager - Madrid - Motork
MotorK is the leading sales and marketing technology company in Europe, specialized in the automotive sector. At MotorK our mission is to empower manufacturers and dealerships to sell more with innovative, cloud-based products and services to offer the best digital customer experience.What we believe in
We have five core values to live by and they make Motork an amazing place to work.
- Innovative: we will transform the automotive marketplace
- Growth: we play on the global stage and we set ambitious goals for our people and products
- Passionate about our customers: we live & breathe Automotive, we're committed to long-term customer relationships, we win when our customers win
- Family spirit: we trust, support and respect each other, working together toward shared goals
- Do the right thing: we champion diversity & equality in our teams, we conduct ourselves with integrity and keep our promises
As it continues to grow rapidly, MotorK is seeking an highly
energetic and motivational Team Leader. Someone used to look for win-win opportunities with an outcome driven mindset, that understands that outputs are simply a means to an end.
We’re constantly striving to be data driven. That means we measure everything that gives us insights we can use to continuously improve. We do that in a Lean way, using Kanban to represent our workflow while we’re using Scrum as an agile framework.
- Solid software engineering background, knowledge of modern frameworks, architectural principles and testing methodologies
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies, such as XP/Scrum and Lean practices such Kanban/Kaizen
- Experienced in working in an environment that promotes a DevOps mindset, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Examples of both inheriting and building software engineering teams, and growing and optimising them
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful project throughout its lifecycle
- Able to explain to non technical people the pros and cons of a technical approach
- Experience in re-architecture processes or building a new architecture from scratch
What you will do
- You will be the servant leader of 2-3 scrum teams. You will empower, challenge and give them constructive feedback, with the goal of let them become high performing teams
- Collaborating with Product Owners and Engineering Teams in building and executing roadmaps, making explicit the technical constraints that can affect delivery time hence prioritisation during the scope definition
- Liaise with architects and other senior engineers in order to remove the blockers limiting our capacity of getting things done
- Engage different stakeholders and managers in order to fill the communication gap and reduce friction, providing reports and insights supported by Agile/Lean metrics
- Supporting the career progression, providing mentoring, coaching and training and identifying next generation leaders