Team Leader (Symfony) - Milan - Motork
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
MotorK is the leading sales and marketing technology company in Europe, specialized in the automotive sector. At MotorK our mission is to empower manufacturers and dealerships to sell more with innovative, cloud-based products and services to offer the best digital customer experience.
We are on a fast and ambitious trajectory and serving 90% of the automotive manufacturers. To continue our growth, we are hiring new talents. If you want to spark the future of the automotive world, join us.
What we believe in
We have five core values to live by and they make Motork an amazing place to work.
- Innovative: we will transform the automotive marketplace
- Growth: we play on the global stage and we set ambitious goals for our people and products
- Passionate about our customers: we live & breathe Automotive, we're committed to long-term customer relationships, we win when our customers win
- Family spirit: we trust, support and respect each other, working together toward shared goals
- Do the right thing: we champion diversity & equality in our teams, we conduct ourselves with integrity and keep our promises
What's the role about
As it continues to grow rapidly, MotorK is seeking an experienced, highly
energetic and motivational Team Leader. Someone used to look for win-win opportunities with an outcome driven mindset, experienced enough to know that for any given technical solution the execution is a key factor for success.
We’re constantly striving to be data driven. That means we measure everything that gives us insights we can use to continuously improve. We do that in a Lean way, using Kanban to represent our workflow while we’re using Scrum as an agile framework.
What you should have to fit the role
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies, such as XP/Scrum and Lean practices such Kanban/Kaizen
- Experienced in working in an environment that promotes a DevOps mindset, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Examples of both inheriting and building software engineering teams, and growing and optimising them
- Extensive expertise of OOP in a PHP/Symfony environment
- Clear understanding of fundamental computer science and software engineering concepts (e.g. design patterns)
- Knowledge of unit and functional testing and experience with TDD
- Experience with third-parties systems integration and asynchronous jobs
- Familiar with continuous delivery and with the principles of “you build it, you run it”
- Expertise with relational databases (MySQL) and ORM (Doctrine)
- Good spoken and written level of English
What you will do
apply for this position
- Lead a scrum team of 3-4 engineers, supporting them in the day by day operations
- Liaise with architects and other senior engineers in order to remove the blockers limiting our capacity of getting things done
- Collaborate with POs and other devs to deliver value incrementally but constantly
- Understand our business needs to make sure you’re addressing them properly
- Advocate best practices and value driven mindset among engineers and product managers
- Liaise with the QA Engineers to test the user stories
- Help improving our way of working based on continuous improvement
- Speak and write in terms that non-technical people understand. Clear communication is super important in our environment